Friday, March 29, 2013

Boots and Booster

Today was very successful! On Facebook I am in some yard sale groups where people can post things they are trying to sell. Usually I am too slow to catch something before a bunch of other people call dibs or say "next," until I am certain I will never get that awesomely priced item. Unless I were to sit at my computer or on my phone all day watching every single post... but that's ridiculous. Even if I didn't have kids, that's crazy. Ha.

But the other day I actually called dibs first on a wonderful pair of brown leather boots! They were originally $190 at Dillard's, but this woman was selling them for $25!! I figured it was too good to be true, but I went over today and they were legit. AND! To make it even crazier of a good deal they were in like-new condition. She might've worn them a handful of times, but here in Arizona where there is no mud the bottoms barely looked dusty. SCORE! She also has a pair of identical style boots that are black that I'm seriously considering going back to get. Oh snap.

And as a little bonus, I also got a pink booster seat for my daughter for $5. She's been in a high chair but now that my son is getting older I'll need to be getting him in that high chair. I guess I could feed them one after the other, but now I'll have the ability to feed them both. Plus I want my daughter to be able to be a big girl and sit in her big girl chair (Cue panic attack that my baby isn't a baby anymore, wahhh....).


On a side note- I'm thinking the pink of the seat will bug me. It's cute and all but it is going to stand out like a sore thumb in my open floor plan kitchen/dining/family room. Maybe I'll spray paint it...? I know there's a brand that is good for using on plastic (Krylon? Maybe?) but I don't want to ruin the chair. What do you think?

No comments: